- Recent News:
- Sept. 2023: Yao’s brainless soft robotic maze escaper published on Sci. Adv., Congratulations to the team!
- Aug. 2023: New Ph.D. student Caizhi joined our group, welcome!
- Aug. 2023: Yaoye’s universal and multifunctaional grippers published on Nat. Commun., Congratulations to the team!
- Read More …
Through combined experiments, analytical modeling, and numerical simulation, Yin Group’s research interests are on exploring fundamental mechanics of novel emerging materials and structures at all scales, as well as their broad potential applications in energy, environment, and healthcare.
In particular, Yin Group’s current research focuses on mechanics and design of mechanical metamaterials for achieving unprecedented mechanical properties, harnessing mechanical instabilities in soft materials at small scale for multi-functionality, as well as mechanics guided design of multifunctional soft machines.
Specifically, currently we are working on
– Multifunctional interfacial materials for wetting and water collection
– Mechanics and design of kirigami-based reconfigurable metamaterials
– Mechanics and design of high-performance soft robots